The current high school program (called the Human Body Explored program) that occurs during the school year is FULL.
* The two week summer program for high school students called the Medical Science Academy will be held from June 8th-19th for 2015. *
registration for the Medical Science Academy will begin after Martin Luther King, Jr.
** We are in the process of planning a Health Professions Career Awareness program one evening for next year as well.
- Thanks to Manatee Memorial Hospital, we have been able to increase the number of spots in 2014 Medical Science
Academy to 40. We only have a few spots left (http://www.medicalcareersadventures.com/medical-science-academy/2014-msa-spots-available/).
- The Registration for the 2014 Medical Science Academy is now open. The program begins Monday June
16, 2014 and goes through Friday June 27th.
- LECOM Bradenton will be hosting the HUMAN BODY EXPLORED program again this year. The monthly meetings are on one Monday each month from
5:15-8:00 PM at LECOM Bradenton starting in October. Currently, these meetings are scheduled for Oct 14, Nov 4, Dec 2, Jan 13, Feb 3, Mar 17 and Apr 7. During these monthly meeting, you will have
presentations from local scientists and medical professionals about the topic of the evening. This year you will have the opportunity to dissect the brain, learn about dental exams, compounding drugs
and work with robotic patients in a clinical setting. Special field trips are being scheduled for a few Friday afternoons throughout the HUMAN BODY EXPLORED program. For more information contact Dr.
Schroeder at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- We want to give a special THANK YOU to the LECOM medical students and Manatee Memorial Residents who helped Dr. Grubb with the free 2013 Lakewoor Ranch High School Sports' Physical Exams
on Friday August 2nd. You all did a great job and the feedback is extremely positive.
- We had a great group of Medical Science Academy and Science Educators Academy participates this year. I know that the LECOM faculty members and medical students had a wonderful time
working with each one of you. Good luck and please let us know what we can do to enhance the high school science education in the Suncoast.
- We had a great Orientation for the Medical Science Academy and Science Educators Academy on Tuesday May 21st. I think that LECOM medical students are just as excited as
the participants for the summer program to begin. We look forward to working with the high school students starting on June 10th and the science teachers starting on June 17th.
*There are still a few places open in each program. Contact us if you are interested.*
- We want to give a special THANK YOU to the LECOM medical students and Manatee Memorial Residents who helped Dr. Grubb with the free 2013 Boy Scout Physical Exams on Saturday May 18th. You all did
a great job and the feedback is extremely positive.
- LECOM Bradenton is proud to announce the start of a new program: Science Educators Academy. It starts Monday June 17th at 8am and continues to Friday June
21st. It will be offered to High School Science teachers that want to expand their knowledge base.
- Registration for the 2013 Medical Science Academy has begun. It will be held from Monday June 10th to Friday June 21st. The focus this year
will be Neuroanatomy.
- We are still accepting High School Students for our 2013 Human Body Explored Pogram. Please register soon to be able to attend the meetings
scheduled for February 5th, March 5th, April 2nd and May 7th. The program begins at 5:15 pm each of these days at the LECOM-Bradenton campus.
LIKE us on Facebook in order to share these programs with your parents, teachers and fellow students.